Who can we help?
We don’t treat conditions or pathologies;
we help people achieve their goals
through improving the quality
and efficiency of their movement.
- Teach carers about the best way to move and handle you
- Education and advise about your condition
- Referral to other professionals
- Help prevent secondary complications (contractures, pressure sores, chest infections)
- Assistance with equipment options and other form of supports
At Sendero Physiotherapy we can assist you by providing a functional and holistic assessment, advice and therapy in the comfort of your own home, workplace, day program or preferred outdoor location. Our treatment is specifically targeted to stimulate the nervous system to reorganise itself in a way that restores movement and function regardless of whether there is a neurological condition. Everything we work on will ultimately be based on function
Functional examples of what we can help with
- Want to get more out of life?
- Want to stay living independently at home for longer?
- Are you living in a nursing home and want to go back home?
- Are you caring for a loved one and need training on transfers and recommendations on how to do things more easily/safely?
- Had recent surgery and want to get back to your normal life?
- Is your balance failing you and you want to be able to go for a walk on the beach or play boules?
- Do you have limitations to your range of movement and can’t get into your fishing boat/caravan like you used to?
- Are you having back pain and would like a therapist to check your home/work/recreational venue at the same time as providing you with therapy?
- Are you falling or fearful of falling?
- Would you like to improve:
- your walking?
- the way you get into the car?
- the time it takes you to get ready in the morning?
- Do you live with a disability and want a burst of therapy to improve your overall mobility?
6 Benefits of Exercising in Nature
- Fresh air has more oxygen
- Greenspaces raise serotonin levels
- Triggers primal regions of your brain and psyche
- More sensory stimulation
- Increases feelings of well-being and lowers depression
- Sun exposure increases vitamin D and helps optimize hormones